The latest release of the Tilde MT platform includes several powerful new features that significantly enhance the MT experience, giving localization professionals greater control over their MT systems and showcasing the very latest advances in translation technology.
New features include:
- Dynamic Learning functionality in CAT tool plugins, allowing MT engines to improve through use
- Automatic conversions of language-specific punctuation and number formatting (for example: 1,200.67 ➝ 1 200,67)
- Flexible addition of project-specific conversion rules to MT engines, such as automatic conversions of distance, time, and currency (for example: USD 1,200.43 ➝ EUR 1 064,31)
Thanks to the inclusion of Dynamic Learning, Tilde MT engines can continuously improve through use, raising translation quality over time. This is achieved by immediately feeding a user's post-edits back to the MT engine, where they are immediately used to improve further translations. Dynamic Learning can currently be accessed in the Tilde MT plugins for MateCat and SDL Trados Studio.
Systems built on the Tilde MT platform now provide automatic conversions of language-specific punctuation and number formatting. These automatic conversions save translators huge amounts of time in the post-editing process, as units are automatically localized from the source-language to the target-language style.
Default conversions of punctuation and number formatting are now provided for all EU languages. These include the following units:
- Numbers with decimal separators (for example: 1,200.67 ➝ 1 200,67)
- Quotation marks (for example: « » ➝ " ")
- Consistent usage of apostrophes (for example: ' ➝ ')
The new release of the Tilde MT platform also allows localization professionals to flexibly add their very own project-specific conversion rules (including pre- and post-processing rules) to their custom MT systems, giving users maximum control over the translation output and training of their engines.
On the Tilde MT platform, users now have the power to define various types of project-specific conversions to be added to their custom MT engines, including:
- Distance (for example: 60 mph ➝ 96,56 km/h)
- Currency (for example: USD 1,200.43 ➝ EUR 1 064,31)
- Time (for example: 4 PM ➝ 16:00)
- Spacing (for example: 60% ➝ 60 %)
- Temperature (for example: 86°F ➝ 30°C)
- and more...
To learn more about updates to the Tilde MT platform, please contact us at: email@example.com
See more features on the Tilde MT platform: tilde.com/mt/features