- Tilde MT
- "Language Equality in the Digital Age" workshop at the European Parliament features Tilde CEO
- At Small Big Data Value Association Summit, Tilde leads sessions on Innovation and Data Analytics
- Benefits of MT for the EU stressed by Tilde at ELRC workshop in Copenhagen
- CSA report: Tilde has "simplified access for small language companies" to MT
- Didzis Kļaviņš of Tilde to speak at ELIA Together event
- EAMT 2016 conference gathers participants from 29 countries
- EAMT 2016 conference kicks off in Riga on May 30
- European Association of Machine Translastion committee meeting hosted by Tilde
- European Commission awards Tilde contract to continue develpment of CEF Automated Translation platform
- Europeana conference features presentation by Tilde on multilingualism and machine translation
- GALA webinar with Tilde: "Next Generation Services for Custom MT"
- Harvard's Nieman Journalism Lab highlights Tilde's collaboration with EurActiv
- In EurActiv opinion piece, Tilde CEO stresses the need for European Language Cloud
- In Tallinn, Tilde hosts a seminar on language resources in Europe
- Language Technology Industry Summit features three presentations by Tilde
- LocWorld in Montreal to feature presentation by Tilde on MT
- MateCat integrates Tilde MT
- Multilingual Europe - a status update by Tilde's CEO
- New Scientist magazine interviews Tilde CEO on advances in Neural MT
- New features on the Tilde MT platform
- Powerful new features for localizers released on the Tilde MT platform
- Prime Minister of Latvia learns more about Tilde's language technologies
- Ready for autumn with Tilde MT
- Registration now open for EAMT 2016 conference, organized by Tilde
- Results of large post-editing study presented by Tilde at AMTA in Texas
- Season's greetings from Tilde MT
- TAUS webinar showcases Tilde's MT service for the EU Presidency
- Tilde CEO chairs panel on data economy at META-FORUM in Portugal
- Tilde CEO speaks at Translating Europe Forum in Brussels
- Tilde CEO unveils EAMT conference in Riga
- Tilde R&D showcased at LREC conference in Slovenia
- Tilde and Google discuss Human Language Project at TAUS Conference in Vancouver
- Tilde exhibits at European Data Forum
- Tilde invited to participate in Future Media Lab debate
- Tilde invited to present at global media summit
- Tilde joins European Commission roundtable to discuss the future of language technology
- Tilde launches initiative to support language technology development with new multilingual open data sets
- Tilde participates in AMTA 2014 conference
- Tilde presents at LocWorld in Montreal
- Tilde releases new and improved MT plug-in for SDL Trados Studio
- Tilde releases new version of its full-service MT platform
- Tilde to organize the 2016 European Association of Machine Translation annual conference
- Tilde wins spot in Open Data Incubator for Europe (ODINE)
- World’s first neural machine translation systems released for smaller languages
- memoQ releases new version of Tilde MT plugin
- memoQfest participants introduced to advantages of Tilde MT
- Case Studies
- Data Library
In 2016, Tilde developed a set of multiple domain-specific MT systems for IBM. The systems are used by IBM for translating to and from Danish.
In developing the set of MT systems for IBM, Tilde’s MT team also made sure that company-specific named entities (for instance, product and organization names) are recognized and correctly translated by the Danish-language MT systems – a special requirement for many enterprise customers.
A comprehensive machine translation service for the Latvian public sector, enabling multilingualism in the government's e-services.
Hugo.lv is customized for the Latvian language and specially adapted for public sector documents. Therefore Hugo.lv provides much higher translation quality than generic online translation systems.
Via API, the service is fully integrated into public sector platforms and websites, enabling multilingual access to e-gov information and e-services. The service is also integrated into Latvia’s e-services platform, Latvija.lv. Hugo.lv will be Latvia’s contribution to the European Union’s translation infrastructure, CEF.AT.
In September of 2015, Hugo.lv was nominated for a World Summit Award prize in the Government and Open Data category.
EU PRESIDENCY TRANSLATOR
In 2015, Tilde developed a MT service for the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
With the translation tool, journalists and delegates could follow EU Presidency events in the Latvian media, read local websites, translate press materials and other news sources not available in English, and access government documents for research purposes.
The EU Presidency Translator provided instant translation of texts, documents, and websites. The translation tool was available as a desktop and mobile app. Two freestanding translation kiosks were set up at the EU Council Presidency headquarters.
This is first time that a machine translation tool was used at such a high-level event to enable multilingual communication.
Developers from Tilde worked with Microsoft to create several MT engines for Bing Translator, used by millions of people every day.
The result of their efforts were included in the online Bing Translator service – one of the world’s most popular generic online translation engines. Thanks to the collaboration of Tilde and Microsoft, the translation quality of Bing was able overcome that of Google Translate.
Tilde’s collaboration with Microsoft is credited in Bing’s online interface, which has millions of users a month. Tilde is also a long-standing Microsoft Translator Community Partner.
To facilitate multilingual communication in Europe, Tilde is helping the European Commission to build a pan-European MT infrastructure.
The systems in CEF.AT will be integrated into public online services, such as Europeana, the Open Data Portal, and the Online Dispute Resolution platform. With the help of CEF.AT, Europe will be one step closer towards operating without language barriers
Tilde is collaborating with CEF.AT as a major partner in two large-scale projects: Towards a Multilingual Data and Services Infrastructure (MLi) and the European Language Resource Coordination Action (ELRC).
The leading desktop proofing software in the Baltic states includes MT systems for all three Baltic languages, with nearly half a million daily users.
The software also features the world’s best machine translation systems for the Baltic languages: Latvian, Lithuanian, and Estonian. Users can translate words, texts, and full documents in an easy to use interface.
Tilde not only developed the MT systems, but also provides scalable hosting of these engines, accomodating thousands of translations requests per day.
To promote the syndication of multilingual news, Tilde developed a set of French-English machine translations engines for the online news site EurActiv.com
EurActiv is an independent pan-European media network specialised in EU policies. The network provides free localised EU policy news in 12 languages, reaching more than 660,000 readers across Europe and beyond, every month. With 2.8+ million page views and 660,524 unique visitors per month, EurActiv is the leading online media on EU affairs.
Business intelligence relies on an analysis of huge amounts of data from all over the world. To carefully curate this data and make it more accessible to businesses, Graze developed a tool that provides a live stream of content relevant to the user’s business.
For the Graze platform, Tilde built custom MT systems for Arabic, Chinese, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, and French. The systems were specially tailored for the business news domain, ensuring higher translation quality than generic systems. To ensure data confidentiality for users, the systems were installed in-house on Graze infrastructure.